The Creative Wick Music Academy
The programme was hosted by Studio 9294 in Hackney Wick and led by Rudi Falla. The students were introduced to 10 experts from the music industry and mentored by five industry professionals. Over the course of eight weeks, the students produced 10 tracks which were then performed to the public across a course of three live shows.
The tracks are all available to listen to on Soundcloud. Track listings are as follows.
1. Therapy by Marls, 22. Singer and spoken word artist. Producers: Marvin Yeboah and Ryan Shallow.
2. Don’t Know by Gavin, 16. Singer and rapper. Producers: Marvin Yeboah and Ryan Shallow.
3. I Should Never by Opah, 16. Multilingual singer and rapper who also plays the piano and guitar. Producers: Rudi Falla and Hugh Fothergill.
4. Day II by Raphael, 15. Young, budding electronic producer. Producers: Rudi Falla and Hugh Fothergill.
5. Ain’t Got Time by Leo MG + Alias, both 18. A power duo with high energy performances. Producer: Stephane Forbes.
6. Horrid by Husk, 16. Hungry, motivated rapper with videos and demos on social media. Producers: Marvin Yeboah and Ryan Shallow.
7. Do What I Like by Jordxn, 18. Female rapper who can hold her own. Producers: Stephane Forbes and Essie B.
8. Red Cup by SB, 18. Rapper with slick bravado lyrics. Producer: Stephane Forbes.
9. Patterned by Solomon, 20. Singer, rapper and guitarist. Passionate musician ready to make a Disney soundtrack. Producers: Marvin Yeboah and Ryan Shallow.
10. Toronto by Rumrunner, 24. Singer and budding producer with early online releases showing the breadth of her talent. Producers: Liv Mia, Rudi Falla and Hugh Fothergill.
The Creative Wick Music Academy has identified real talent amongst young people in Hackney Wick, Fish Island and the wider East London area. Find out more about the project and the students via the Creative Wick website.