Could You Uplift Your Community?
Lendlease is working with Echo to support community-led social impact projects in East London.
This summer, Echo (Economy of Hours) has launched Uplift, a new initiative that supports local people to uplift their neighbourhoods.
Lendlease, London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC), Triathlon Homes and Here East will give 10 East London residents the chance to join a six-month support programme, to grow their idea or project that will positively impact their local area.
Each initiative chosen will need to:
- Benefit communities in Newham, Tower Hamlets, Waltham Forest and/or Hackney;
- Be community-led and respond to a genuine community need;
- Have a team that has lived experience or existing grassroots experience of these social issues.
And; it will need to support one or more of three priorities:
- Improving skills, knowledge and experience of people living in their neighbourhood.
- Providing innovative solutions to social challenges experienced by their local community.
- Strengthening and building future community resilience post Covid-19.
If selected the project teams will be able to access up to £2,000 of funding to help sustain and grow their initiatives into the future. They’ll also have the backing of Echo's 5000+ members, a community of people who will offer time, skills and expertise to help make each of the projects a success.
The Uplift programme is looking to get applications that cover a wide range of ideas and initiatives doing all kinds of different things to benefit their local communities. Even if ideas and projects are in their early stages, teams are encouraged to apply.
Do you know a community-focused innovator in East London?
If you know someone who you think would be perfect for this opportunity please direct them to http://uplift-east.london/ where they can fill out the application form. But, be quick - applications close on Friday 20 August at midnight.